A little friendly competition never hurt, right? Show your love of triathlon by participating in the Storm Race Series! What's the Storm Race Series, you ask. It's a bunch of triathlons that members can use to compete against each other, just for fun and of course, fame! We picked a variety of local events that are known for fun and safety with both sprint and Olympic distances so no one has to miss out because of a busy schedule or training needs.
How It Works
If you want to participate in the Storm Race Series, you must sign up here (link opens in a new tab/window). You can sign up at any time, but only races after you sign up will count towards your points total. Entry into the series is free, and you must be a club member in good standing for the entirety of the series (from the day of the first listed race through the day of the last listed race) even if you don't do those.
After each race, the Race Series coordinator will look for you in the results and calculate your points. Current rankings will be posted on this page after each race. At the end of the series, the person with the most points for their age group will get an award at the annual holiday party!
|April 1||Escape From Ft. Desoto||Ft. Desoto||Sprint|
|April 30||St. Anthony's Triathlon||St. Petersburg||Sprint, Olympic|
|May 7||Longboat Key Triathlon||Longboat Key||Sprint|
|June 3||Clermont Egyptian||Clermont||Sprint|
|June 4||Fitness Challenge Triathlon||Naples||Reverse Sprint (Run/Bike/Swim)|
|June 18||Heartland||Sebring||Sprint, Olympic|
|July 8||Rockin' the USA||Clermont||Sprint|
|July 15||Englewood Triathlon||Englewood||Sprint|
|July 23||Top Gun||Ft. Desoto||Sprint|
|August 12||Cartoons Triathlon||Clermont||Sprint|
|September 2||Venice YMCA Triathlon||Venice||Sprint|
|September 9||Sci-Fi Triathlon||Clermont||Sprint|
|September 30||Sharks Siesta Key Triathlon||Siesta Key||Sprint|
|October 15||Longleaf Triathlon||New Port Richey||Sprint, International|
Race Series Rules
- Members must be in good standing for the duration of the race series. That is, from the day of the first race through the day of the last race, even if they don't do the last race.
- Only races after you sign up for the series will count towards your points total.
- You can race in as many races as you want, but only your 4 best races will count for age group awards.
- The male and female participants with the most points will win the Grand Slam award.
- No extra points will be awarded for doing the longer distance in a race with multiple distance options; this is to allow athletes of all levels to compete on an equal footing.
- Age groups follow USAT standards: 5 year ranges, with your age group determined by your age on December 31.
- There are no tiebreakers.
- Points are awarded for each race as follows:
- 10 points - Overall male and female
- 8 points - Male and female Masters winner
- 6 points - 1
stplace in age group
- 4 points - 2
ndplace in age group
- 3 points - 3
rdplace in age group
- 2 points - completing the race