Storm members care about helping each other and others in our community live active, fulfilling lives to the best of their abilities. We know that not everyone is as lucky as we are to be able to swim, bike, and run, which is why we've partnered with Care2Tri to bring the triathlon experience to those who wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity.
Care2Tri is a local non-profit committed to serving differently-abled people by fundraising for their daily needs and partnering with these individuals in endurance events.
They are always looking for new able-bodied athletes who would like to experience guiding one of their team mates in events. Additionally, they need volunteers to help at fundraising events and races.
Care2Tri at Tri Your Heart Out
The Storm is honored to have Care2Tri kick off our beginner's race every year! After the pre-race meeting, athletes and race volunteers cheer on the Care2Tri guide and team mate as they navigate the swim together, then continue the bike and run alongside the other race participants.
How to Help
Care2Tri is looking for able-bodied volunteers to pull a teammate in a local triathlon or running event. It's easier than it looks, and they provide all the equipment and training. We promise you that you'll never be cheered on as much as when you're racing with your buddy!
Prefer to help without spandex? Care2Tri is looking for some talented folks with experience in the following areas:
- Grant writer who would work on a percentage base
- Sponsorship - individual to make contact with companies for sponsorship opportunities and maintain existing relationships
- Web designer - individual who can rebuild the website and help us maintain it going forward
- Volunteer Coordinator- individual who can maintain a contact list of volunteers for events
- Potential Board Members - those with a business management background
- Volunteers for fundraising event and races
If you're interested in learning more, volunteering with this amazing group, or donating, please contact:
- Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org or Care2tri@gmail.com